The CalFlora Observations Database contains information on observations of plants
native and naturalized to California
This query form allows the retrieval of information on these plants,
including county of observation, point of observation (when available), date
of observation, observer/collector, hecatares of area observed, elevation,
Advanced Query Instructions
- There is a Query Form
available for more simple searches.
- You do not need to fill in all fields.
- If you wish to select more than one option from a list marked "(multiple)",
hold down the Ctrl (Win) or shift (Mac) button on your keyboard while selecting your options.
- Look for links in the search results that link to more information from
our website and other sources.
- Field Name column: These are the fields available for query. Each field name is
linked to a pop-up description note describing the field. For the
complete schema of the database, see Schema
- When matching values, the use of "equals" requires an exact match; "begins with" and
"contains" will match a sub-string but are sensitive to capilatization.
- Match this value column: Some fields have a finite set of possible values and these
are shown, others allow values to be typed in.
- You can get help accessing this information by emailing us at